Youth Intervention Worker
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
• Excellent Oral Communication, and writing skills
• Have a genuine interest in seeing Youth develop and succeed
• Excellent Computer Proficiency
• High Degree of Professionalism & Discretion
• Self-Starter, Self-Motivated, Requiring minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree language an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend Restorative Justice Circles as a resource person or facilitate Restorative Justice Circles when needed.
• Assist in the development of plans for special activities, individualized work placements and/or restitution activities in meetings with the case manager, and other relevant stakeholders.
• To monitor and supervise these plans towards their successful completion.
• To encourage the use of Restorative Justice alternatives wherever possible.
• To provide positive preventative activities each month to the Youth.
• Ensure that all clients report according to the terms of their orders.
• Follow-up on any counseling or referrals required as per supervision plans, deferred custody orders, and report progress to the case manager.
• Report any violations of terms, conditions or requirements of probation or other orders of agreements to the case manager within 48 hours.
• The worker will be required to facilitate the HUB programming and community presentations.
• If the Youth Justice worker is unavailable to attend court for any reason the YI is to attend and speak on client matters and give updates.
• 6% pension matching
• 100% employer paid health benefits
• 3 weeks paid vacation after your first year
Location: Kashechewan, ON
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: Salary plus benefits commensurate with experience
Closing Date: July 4, 2022
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Human Resources, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation,
1805 Arthur St E, Thunder Bay, ON, P7E 2R6
Tel: 1-800-465-5581 Fax: 807-622-3024
NALSC invites applications from qualified members of NAN. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the criteria for the position and whether you are a NAN member. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection