Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
JOB POSTING IN MOOSONEE
The MOOSONEE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE
Full-time/Permanent Residential Counsellor
The Residential Counsellor is responsible for offering counselling support to women and their children who are in crisis situation or in need of shelter. She is responsible for intake and discharge of residents, complete in-house assessments/reports and make appropriate referrals when identified. She is responsible for developing an appropriate support system and safety plan for these women. She is also responsible for daily house management.
- Two-year college diploma in the Human Services field or an equivalent combination of education, training and program related experience;
- Demonstrates ability to perform active listening and to provide support counselling;
- Mature, responsible person who is able to respond objectively, remain calm and deal with crisis situations;
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate and report activities conducted;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to present oneself in an appropriately personable and professional manner to residents, staff and the public.
- Provide screening and orientation of new residents. Assess client’s situation and obtain background information;
- Respond to crisis calls and provide support, information and intervention according to the request and the type of call;
- Refer and make other contacts on client’s behalf as required (hospital, police, family and children services, courts, housing, etc.);
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor;
- Prepare for regular supervisory sessions by identifying cases needed for review and areas for potential growth;
- Must be available to work shift work, weekends, holidays and emergency coverage.
This position offers competitive salary, a pension plan and generous benefits package. The position will be posted until filled.
Mr. Steve Fillion, MSW
29 Byng, Suite 1
Kapuskasing ON P5N 1W6
We would like to thank in advance all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.