Primary Care Paramedics - FLOAT (8 Positions)
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
Position: (8) Primary Care Paramedics - Float
Site: Moosonee, ON
Division: Clinical Services
Reports to: Base Supervisor
Status: Permanent Full Time
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is now accepting applications for experienced professional to fill the key role of (8) Primary Care Paramedics - Float.
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is the leading health care provider on the western James Bay coast. WAHA comprises of hospitals in Moose Factory, Fort Albany, and Attawapiskat, with a Health Centre in Moosonee. WAHA also provides regional outpatient programs, as well as Paramedicine services in Moose Factory, Moosonee, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, Attawapiskat, and Constance Lake. The span of services, complexity of care needs in the region, and the depth of health integration has made WAHA a leader and a model of health care services in Northern Ontario. WAHA consists of 450 employees, a Physician team, many students, as well as community stakeholders. It is affiliated with Queens University and offers many educational opportunities for current and prospective team members.
Position Profile Requirements
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary organizations to provide quality care
- Motivated individual open to learning and ensuring the continued development of the service and organization
- Will reside in Moosonee, ON and when required will provide coverage at any WAHA site.
- Provide pre-hospital care in accordance with provincial regulation and organizational polices and procedures
- Liaise with primary care providers/allied health providers such as physicians, pharmacists and care coordinators
- Provide patient education, self-management coaching, welfare checks, post exacerbation and hospital discharge follow up support to manage their underlaying condition (s)
- Provide general/appropriate pre hospital emergency medical care
- Demonstrate understanding of public health/social issues and resources
- Meet all requirements for employment under the Ambulance Act of Ontario
- Valid certificate signed by the Base Hospital Physician allowing the Paramedic to perform the following controlled medical act, or to be certified within 60 days of hire:
- Successful completion of A-EMCA
- Diploma in Paramedicine
- Certified in the use of Semi-Automatic Defibrillation
- Certified in symptom relief drug administration
- Ability to communicate in the local native Cree language is an asset
How to apply:
The successful candidate must provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screen Check within a specified time frame.
Please apply in writing, providing three recent work references, quoting Competition #2023-135 to:
Weeneebayko Health Authority
P.O. Box 664
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
- Resumes to be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 1-705-658-4917
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted
- Internal applicants who meet the qualifications and experience requirements and are in good standing with the organization's attendance management policy are strongly encouraged to apply
- These positions will remain open till filled
- Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Weeneebayko Area Health Authority, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada.