Instructional Developer (x 2) (22-80)
Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION TITLE: 22-80 Instructional Developer (x 2)
STATUS: Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Payband H
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $33.38/hr to $38.75/hr (35 hrs/week)
CAMPUS: Timmins, Kirkland Lake, Haileybury, Moosonee, or Off-Campus, Ontario
STARTING SALARY: $ 33.38/hr
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
DIVISION: Learning Excellence & Innovation
COMPETITION #: 22-80
Northern College is seeking an Instructional Developer (x 2) in our Learning Excellence & Innovation department. The successful candidate will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills, ability to express and present ideas and concepts.
At Northern College, we’re committed to the ongoing success and development of everyone who passes through our learning spaces, whether they be our students, employees or community members. We believe in investing in those who invest in us, constantly working to build a collaborative and friendly working environment while offering top tier benefits and generous pension packages to our eligible full-time employees with purposeful, rewarding work, supportive supervisors and positive, engaged work teams.
Reporting to the Dean, Learning Excellence and Innovation the successful candidate will support curriculum development and technology integration through the Learning Excellence and Innovation Department at the Northern College campuses.
What you will be doing:
- Develop learning activities using a variety of software applications to support content and curriculum design as supplied by faculty and other subject matter experts;
- Collaborate with the Dean and Project Coordinator for LEID to streamline the efforts and time required of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to effectively develop pedagogically sound courseware that is reflective of current technology practices and learning theories;
A detailed job description is available from the Human Resource Services department.
What you will need to be considered:
- 3-year diploma or degree in Education, Instructional and/or Curriculum Design, Adult Teaching, or Higher Education or a related field;
- Minimum 3 years related work experience and expertise in instructional design, course development, and learning management systems;
- Certificates or completed courses in computer graphics and multimedia software applications including intermediate programming skills (HTML, Java Script, CSS, etc.);
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer graphics applications and multimedia software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Articulate Storyline, or equivalent
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
As part of Northern College’s action on reconciliation, the College recognizes its responsibility to make a difference through increasing the number of Indigenous employees who work in the academic field. We encourage applicants who identify as Indigenous to apply.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. To request reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, please contact the Human Resource Services department. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
To apply, submit your covering letter and resume online at www.northerncollege.ca/careers/
Job Expires: 2023-04-01