Indigenous Student Recruitment Associate (22-43)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION TITLE: 22-43 Indigenous Student Recruitment Associate
STATUS: Full Time Leave Replacement (Appendix D/Appendix C – Averaging of Hours)
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Payband H
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately to June 23rd, 2023
SALARY: $33.05/hr to $38.37/hr (35 hrs/week)
CAMPUS: Timmins, Kirkland Lake, Haileybury, or Moosonee
STARTING SALARY: $ 33.05/hr
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
DIVISION: Admissions & Student Recruitment
COMPETITION #: 22-43
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Manager, Recruitment and Student Life, the successful incumbent will:
- Organize and conduct a comprehensive elementary, secondary and non-secondary school recruitment program relating the full range of programs and services at Northern College to Indigenous audiences, with a view toward increasing enrolment and graduations;
- Serves as a primary recruitment contact and ongoing liaison between the College and prospective students, current students, community groups, secondary schools, and other influencers in various matters relating to the application for admission, program information, course information, and college services;
- Build networks to allow education pathway partnerships;
- Assist with planning, developing, and implementing recruitment strategies including presentations, events and campaigns; and
- Assist with promotion of all campuses, programs, communities, services and acting as an ambassador of the Northern College brand and identity.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
- 2-year diploma in Business, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, or in the field of Human Services;
- Minimum 2 years’ practical experience in marketing, promoting, making presentations or career counselling;
- Valid Class G Drivers License and travel is required;
- Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous education, culture, language, community engagement protocols and ability to work with community agencies and referral sources;
- Experience with budget management, project management or event planning management;
- Experience collaborating with others on projects;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, with advanced Power Point skills; and
- Experience using a customer relationship management tool is an asset.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.