Indigenous Liaison Officer (22-26)
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
POSITION TITLE: 22-26 Indigenous Liaison Officer
STATUS: Full Time - Appendix C
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Payband I
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $35.83/hr to $41.52/hr (35 hrs/week)
STARTING SALARY: $ 35.83/hr
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
DIVISION: Northern Training Division
COMPETITION #: 22-26
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Campus Manager, Moosonee Campus, the incumbent is responsible to promote educational opportunities, pathways and provide training consulting services to Indigenous communities, which will assist in the development, implementation, delivery, evaluation and follow-up of courses and career programs, brokered services, special projects, sponsored and employer-based training programs. The successful incumbent will:
- Market Northern Training Division, College programs, Employment Services, and Literacy and Basic Skills programs, to meet the training and related needs of Indigenous communities, organizations, and partners;
- Work collaboratively to enable the College to fulfil its mission of ensuring accessible, quality educational experiences that meet the unique needs of Indigenous communities, organizations and partners in a manner that aligns and supports the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action and the colleges and Institutes Canada Indigenous Education Protocol;
- Work collaboratively with the Northern College Indigenous Council for Education, First Nation Band Offices, Local Education Authorities, tribal councils, Employment Services, and Literacy and Basic skills programs as well as the college marketing, finance, and human resource departments and proactively and aggressively market the College’s programs and services and to continuously identify new post-secondary and training programs; and
- Consult with communities in and outside of the catchment area to assist the College and the Indigenous Council to determine community needs and required resources.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
- 3-year Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent;
- 5 years of relevant experience, including working with Indigenous protocol and communities;
- Excellent interpersonal, emotional intelligence and communication skills;
- Experience with computer word processing software, email and presentation software;
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and organize tasks with minimal supervision;
- Must be a team player, take initiative, and demonstrate quick thinking skills for problem solving; and
- Must be able to travel by air to communities within and outside our catchment area.
- Experience with program development and/or understanding and awareness of trade programs and training;
- Bilingual (Cree and English);
- Valid class G driver’s license; and
- Indigenous heritage.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.