Executive Director - Waweniwin Learning Centre
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
· Demonstrated background in Early Childhood Development
· Strong leadership skills that promote collaboration and learning
· Knowledge and respect of local First Nation communities and culture.
· Ability to effectively use computer programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, etc..
· Ability to track, monitor and development of budgets
· Ability to maintain secure client file systems and maintain confidentiality
· Experience in writing proposals and reporting to funders meeting deadlines.
· A valid up to date First Aid/CPR certification
· A clear criminal record check for vulnerable persons
· Management of all aspects of the Moosonee Aboriginal Head Start (AHS) Program
· Tracks and manages budgets, complete reports to funders
· Liaise with office manager, funders, pertinent community organizations.
· Familiarity with laws and standards pertaining to non-profit organizations, confidentiality and childcare facilities
· Leads and coordinates preschool staff, ensuring all legal and contractual requirements are met.
· Ensures the AHS provides an accessible, nurturing, culturally sensitive care and education program for young children, consistent with the philosophy and guidelines stated in our policy and procedures manual and follows the AHS Principals and Guidelines.
· Ensures that Moosonee AHS program is family-friendly and supportive.