Driver Custodian - Waweniwin Learning Centre
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
Waweniwin Learning Centre operates the Moosonee Aboriginal Head Start (off-reserve) Program. This initiative is designed to help parents and children build a better future for themselves, while being supported by community partners. This includes promotion of culture/language, education, health, nutrition, counseling and improved social supports. In keeping with our initiative we are seeking an individual who is hardworking, eager to accept challenges and committed to the important role of families in the lives of our children.
The Driver/Custodian reports directly to the Executive Director. The Driver/Custodian ensures the safe transportation of children and families. He/she will clean and maintain the interior and exterior of the program facilities including grounds. He/she will clean Program vehicle including regular circle checks.
- Excellent driving record. (MTO driver’s abstract required.)
- Posses a Class “F” License or willing and able to obtain
- Must have or be willing to be trained in First Aid and infant/child CPR
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member in an active environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills
- Knowledge of the Cree language & culture would be an asset.
- Submission of a current and satisfactory CPIC/Vulnerable Sector Check (CPIC).