Community Services Coordinator
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
Salary Range: $40,000 - $60,000
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Community Service Coordinator.
Within the Community Health and Wellness, and under the direction of the Assistant Manager, the Community Service Coordinator is responsible to coordinate daily activities of the Gathering Centre program while providing quality customer service to the clients through effective recruitment, training and supervision of Volunteers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The minimum qualifications for this job are one but less than three years of job-related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires a satisfactory vulnerable sector check.
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to solve complex problems;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to influence others;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Strong program development skills.
- Update and maintain client assessment packages;
- Schedule and conduct client assessments,
- Ensure excellent client service and maintain positive relationship with other agencies and Red Cross departments;
- Respond to client inquiries;
- In consultation with Human Resources address incidents and reports;
- In consultation with Human Resources, follow up on client complaints adhering to the National complaint process;
- Adhere to provincial standards in the delivery of the program;
- Create and maintain client files and ensure that all changes are recorded in a timely and efficient manner as per policies and procedures in place;
Recruitment, Retention, Orientation, and Training
- Organize, attend, and coordinate staff and volunteer job fairs;
- Support retention needs and demands;
- Ensure training and development opportunities are available to enhance performance and retention;
- Travel within the district for training
Promotional and Administrative Support
- Represents Red Cross at external meetings to develop community partnerships, promoting the program and developing and implementing a coordinated approach;
- Provides statistical reports and correspondence as required;
- Provide support to management on program policies and procedures as needed;
Occupational Health and Safety
- Participate in OH&S programs and initiatives as required;
- Investigate and thoroughly document all accidents and report all time-sensitive documentation to Management and the OH&S department;
- In consultation with Human Resources and working closely with other departments, assist managers with the implementation of policies and procedures;
- Follow all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment;
- Identify issues and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties, as required.
The majority of the work is performed in an office environment, located in Attawapiskat, ON.
Travel through the Northeast region is required for training.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided). The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties may submit their application by applying on the Canadian Red Cross Online Career Website. This position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.