Community Development /Investment Officer
Contract • James Bay Coast Region
Employment Opportunity - Repost:
Position: Community Development /Investment Officer Location: Moose Factory or Timmins
Duration: FT Permanent (subject to funding) Closing Date: January 29, 2021 (4:00PM EST)
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Investment Officer (IO) will carry out the day-to-day operations of the Corporation’s business development activities (financial and non-financial). The IO will also work with the Investment Committee to determine appropriate investments in support of community economic development throughout the target area.
General Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day administration of the Investment Fund/Portfolio.
2. Assist clients in the business development process by providing counselling and support Services.
3. Prepare recommendations regarding loan requests made to the Investment Funds for the consideration of the Investment Committee (IC).
4. Promote the Investment Funds and the business counselling and support services in the communities.
5. Work with the staff, members of the Board of Directors and the IC, and external partners in a professional and productive manner.
6. Keep the Executive Director aware of developments within the service area and/or member communities that may be of interest to the Corporation and conducting research activities as required.
7. Participate in staff meetings, Board of Directors meetings, professional development workshops, and other meetings/events as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
8. Conduct economic diversification, community development liaison, and Implementation
9. Ensure capacity building, grant writing and project reporting.
10. Coordinate regional tourism and marketing.
1. Post-Secondary education in business administration and/or employment experience in community economic development;
2. Experience in preparing and analyzing business plans and proposals and highly developed skill in financial analysis; in community economic development, entrepreneurship training, business development and retention;
3. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain confidentiality;
4. Superior written and verbal communication and social media skills;
5. Experience working in a Microsoft Office environment (including MS Outlook, Excel & Word);
6. Willingness to travel to remote communities
The ability to speak Cree and previous employment experience within the Mushkegowuk communities will be considered assets.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org