22-32 Manager, Community, Business Development and Employment Services
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
POSITION TITLE: 22-32 Manager, Community, Business Development and Employment Services
STATUS: Full time - Temporary
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Staff, Payband 11
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 2022 – June 2024 (2 yr contract)
SALARY: $ 87,433.00 to 109,292.00
STARTING SALARY: $ 87,433.00
CLOSING DATE: Open until Filled
DIVISION: Community and Business Development
COMPETITION #: 22-32
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Community, Business Development and Employment Services, is responsible for planning, professional project management, leadership and execution of community and business development opportunities. The incumbent is responsible for the delivery of employment services, literacy and basic skills, corporate, contract, and community training and education programs across the James Bay region: The successful incumbent will:
- Work in collaboration with the communities across the region, as well as regional businesses, organizations and other indigenous institutes and organizations to ensure access to learning opportunities and to partner in the economic and social development of the communities;
- Determine and assess clients’ needs, customize and recommend training and education plans and develop professional quotes, proposals/contracts to support goal achievement;
- Effectively manage, coordinate and monitor the provision of education/training services, hiring and working with contracted trainers, faculty, staff and service suppliers, conducting program evaluations and following-up to ensure results meet objectives and satisfy clients’ needs; and
- Ensure that contractual obligations, as well as departmental targets and student retention and success rates, are met through the establishment and maintenance of quality educational/training courses and exceptional customer service.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
- 3-year Advanced Diploma/ Degree in Business Administration Management, Social Work, Aboriginal Studies or equivalent;
- Seven years of relatable experience;
- Project management experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Advanced visionary thinking, strategic planning, and partnership building skills, and abilities;
- Financial experience in an environment that requires accountability for revenue targets;
- Proven supervisory experience in a setting which promotes teamwork, respect for others and recognition for effective performance; and
- Prior work experience in providing literacy training and services (asset).
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.