22-30 Resource Centre Agent
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
POSITION TITLE: 22-30 Resource Centre Agent
STATUS: Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Payband D
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $ 24.38/hr to $ 28.24/hr (35 hrs/week)
STARTING SALARY: $ 24.38/hr
CLOSING DATE: Open until Filled
DIVISION: Employment Services
COMPETITION #: 22-30
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Campus Manager, Moosonee, this position assists in the implementation, delivery, evaluation, and follow-ups of employment services programs. These programs include the full suite of Employment Services sponsored by Employment Ontario. Additional programs may be included. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- successful operation of the Resource and Information Centre (RI) activities;
- services and programs as it relates to employment, literacy and adult learning, apprenticeship, and other related community services;
- input of client data into the Client Activity Tracking System (CATS) for RI activity; and
- workshop delivery, both online and face to face, and job fairs.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
- 1 Year Office Administration certificate or equivalent;
- Minimum two years’ similar work experience;
- Ability to use social media in a professional capacity to promote programs and services;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to travel by air, boat, or vehicle;
- Ability to speak Mushkegowuk Cree is an asset; and
- Valid Class G Driver’s License is an asset.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted