2021-031 Junior Finance Officer
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
POSITION: Junior Finance Officer
COMPETITION #: 2021-031
LOCATION: Moose Factory ON
DURATION: Full Time
CLOSING DATE: July 27, 2021 @ 4:00 PM
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Finance Controller for Health, the Junior Finance Officer will support other members of the Finance Team with day-to-day operations. This position is responsible for handling general finance duties including assisting and processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and travel within the Mushkegowuk Health Department. Other duties will include typing, photocopying, scanning, filing, assist in the preparation of financial reporting, month end and year end procedures. This position will also require maintaining records for all transactions, planning budgets for group travel, plus prepare reimbursements for payment, prepare invoices when needed, and maintain an accurate and efficient record filing system.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1 - 3 years’ experience in clerical accounting
• MS Office and knowledge of accounting software
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), office administration and bookkeeping principles and procedures.
• solid computer literacy
• knowledge and compliance with relevant local, provincial, and federal financial regulations
• Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgers.
• Confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
• Excellent interpersonal, team building, analytical, time management and problem solving skills.
• Effective verbal and listening, communications, organizational, and computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting (ACCPAC/Simply/Adagio), spreadsheets (Excel) and Word processing program (Microsoft Office) or willingness to be trained.
• Knowledge and skills of the proficiency of accounting calculations, record keeping.
• Ability to work well with others from a wide range of areas.
• Ability to be flexible, back up when needed.
• Knowledge of an electronic medical records system or willingness to be trained.
• Able to travel when required.
• Cree language considered an asset.
• Class ‘G’ Drivers License required
• Proven ability to work under minimal supervision.
Job Description available upon request
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and e-mails, quoting Competition# 2021-031 no later than 4:00 PM on July 27, 2021 to:
Human Resources Departmen
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-2293