Program/Parent Support Worker - Waweniwin Learning Centre
Full-Time • James Bay Coast Region
Waweniwin Learning Centre operates the Moosonee Aboriginal
Head Start (off-reserve) Program. This
initiative is designed to help parents and children build a better future for
themselves, while being supported by community partners. This includes promotion of culture/language,
education, health, nutrition, counseling and improved social supports. In keeping with our initiative we are seeking
an individual who is hardworking, eager to accept challenges and committed to
the important role of families in the lives of our children.
The Program/Parent Support Worker is responsible for providing general program support and planning/implementing monthly family programs. He/she will be a direct link for the AHS program and families. Preparing reports to Parent Committee, Sponsor and Funding Agency as required. He/she will be an instrumental team member involved with program intake, interviews and follow up with AHS families.
- Diploma/Degree in Early Childhood Education, Health or Social Services. Equivalent combination of training & experience working with Aboriginal families will be considered.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture and traditions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence along with a MTO Driver’s Abstract.
- Submission of a current and satisfactory CPIC/Vulnerable Sector Check (CPIC).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills are required.
- Must have or be willing to be trained in First Aid and infant/child CPR.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Head Start Initiative.
- Aptitude and demonstrated ability to work meaningfully as a team member.
- Fluency in the Cree language is an asset.